Monday, May 1, 2017

Student Success Statement

" Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk line around me and have em give my word of honor never to cross it, Can I get out of that circle? No, never! I’d die first."
~Karl G. Maeser

Karl G. Maeser explains to us that  it will never matter to him what he gave his word of honor to, nothing will ever make him break it. Showing this type of honor is a way great to show someone's character  and who they are. By what Maeser has shown us, we can see that he is a guy of word and he does everything possible to be and stay in a straight path line. We should all care about our importance to this type of honor. Are we up to it? Have we failed it? It shouldn't matter to us if the word we made was to someone that you really don't care about, the deal is the accomplish what you promised and nothing will be hurt. The only thing affected in this pact is how great it is to do something right for another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment