Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Medical Assistant

Duties and Responsibilities:
  • answering telephones
  • greeting patients
  • updating and filing patients' medical records
  • filling out insurance forms
  • handling correspondence
  • scheduling appointments
  • arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services
  • and handling billing and bookkeeping

Salary: 30,590 USD

Education Required:
  • The first step to becoming a medical assistant is to earn a high school diploma or pass the General Educational Development (GED) examination. Next, you may either pursue on-the-job training or complete an accredited, post secondary program in medical assisting.

Demand or need for this Profession:
Employment of medical assistants is projected to grow 23 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. The growth of the aging baby-boom population will continue to increase demand for preventive medical services, which are often provided by physicians. As their practices expand, physicians will hire more assistants to perform routine administrative and clinical duties, allowing the physicians to see more patients.

Reflection:
My opinion about this job is that I would love to be a Medical Assistant. However, my requirements may be a little to much of my specialty. I will however work hard and do my best into getting the right job that fits for me. While doing so, I can also explore other jobs or subjects that might be in my interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment